Grilled Ham and Cheese
- 1½ tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 8 slices low carb wheat bread
- ½ lb. thin sliced deli ham
- 4 slices Fontina cheese
- roasted red peppers
- Mix the mayonnaise and parsley together in a small bowl.
- Spread each slice of bread generously with the mixture.
- Place a few slices of ham on four pieces of the bread.
- Lay some roasted red peppers on top of the ham.
- Top with a slice of cheese.
- Place a slice of the bread on top.
- Place a scant amount of unsalted butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Grill each sandwich 2 minutes per side.
- Each sandwich should be a golden brown and the cheese should be beginning to melt when removed from the skillet.