Potatoes And Squash Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 lb. new red potatoes, chopped into chunks
- 2 yellow squash, chopped into chunks
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley
- ½ c mayonnaise
- ¼ c sour cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Just barley covers the potatoes in a large pot with water.
- Place the pot on high heat.
- Bring to a quick steady boil.
- Turn the heat to low and continue cooking 15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain well and allow to cool completely.
- Place the squash, onion, carrots and celery into a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle in the parsley.
- In a separate bowl combine the mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Sprinkle in the salt and pepper and mix to incorporate together.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl with the vegetables and stir together.
- Add the potatoes and gently stir with a rubber spatula to coat.
- White potatoes can be substituted for the red ones if you are in a pinch. They may be a little drier but they taste just as good.