Grapefruit Grilled Salmon
Recipe type: Seafood
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and cut into segments, cutting away from the membranes (to this over a bowl to be sure to capture the juices)
- 1 large grapefruit, squeezed for juice, (add to reserved juices saved - you want at least 1 cup juice)
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6 oz each)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together the grapefruit juice, balsamic vinegar, and brown sugar, bringing to a boil. Keep the liquid at a gentle boil and continue cooking for about 12 to 15 minutes or until reduced in half; turn burner to low and keep warm.
- Sprinkle the salmon fillets on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Prepare indoor or outdoor grill. Place salmon flesh side down and grill for 6 minutes or until you can easily move the fish, then flip over onto the skin side. Now brush the top flesh side with prepared glaze.
- Continue grilling for about 5 or 6 more minutes, brushing top flesh side of salmon with glaze two more times.
- When salmon is cooked through, brush with a little more glaze and remove from grill.
- Divide the grapefruit segments into 4 equal amounts and scatter on a serving plates, then top with grilled salmon fillets and drizzle even amounts of warm glaze on top of each salmon serving.