Heavenly Cheesecake Squares
- 5 tbsp butter, room temperature
- ⅓ c granulated brown sugar substitute
- 1 c oat flour
- 1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ c granulated sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Place the butter, brown sugar substitute and the flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Use a fork and mix the ingredients together until it becomes very crumbly.
- Remove 1 c of the mix and set aside for later use.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a square baking pan with a non stick cooking spray.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Remove and set aside for later use.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar substitute together in a bowl with an electric mixer until very smooth.
- Beat in the egg until combined well.
- Place the heavy cream, vanilla extract and lemon juice into the mixture.
- Beat until mixture begins to thicken.
- Use a rubber spatula and spread the mixture over the baked crust.
- Top with the 1 c of reserved crumble mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow cooling slightly.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours before cutting into squares.
- These squares are a delightful addition to any picnic. Instead of the crumble mixture on top, try fresh berries for a change of pace.