Almond Flavor Extract Cookies
- 1¼ c almond flour
- 1 c granulated sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- ¼ c butter, room temperature
- Place the flour and sugar substitute in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss to incorporate together.
- Add the egg and almond extract.
- Mix well to insure all the dry ingredients are moistened well.
- Mix in the butter unto a dough consistency forms.
- Set the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Using your hands form 24 balls with the dough.
- Place the dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Use the back of a spoon to flatten the balls into circles.
- Bake 7 minutes or until the bottoms are a light golden brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on the cookie sheet then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- These cookies are great because you can use the basic recipe but change the flavor. Use different flavors of extract such as peppermint or banana for a different taste every time you take them on a picnic.